Taking care of smiles with dental care services near Winston-Salem, NC
At Virtue Dental Care, we provide a full range of professional dental care services for patients in or near the Winston-Salem, NC area. Our goal is to address ever patient’s unique and individual dental needs. Our team is highly trained at every aspect of clinical dentistry, and we’re especially focused on holistic and biologic dental care. We understand that your dental needs change over time, which is why we perform an exam for most visits and offer a wide range of personalized preventative, restorative, and cosmetic treatments to ensure that you get the care you need and deserve.
Preventative Care: Keeping your smile healthy for life
Preventative dental care is one of the most important services we provide for our patients. The goal of preventative care is to identify potential problems at their earliest signs and give individuals the tools they need to avoid potentially serious dental concerns that could require extensive treatment. With regular preventative dental care, you can avoid or lessen the impact of cavities, gum disease, and enamel loss. Preventative care also includes oral cancer screenings, which is vital because oral cancer is most successfully treated when it is diagnosed at an early stage.
Types of preventative care
There are many different components to preventative dentistry; they include routine exams and cleanings, x-rays, oral cancer screenings, and TMJ/Bruxism screenings.
- Routine exams and cleanings – Professional cleanings are vital to keeping harmful bacteria at bay. The goal of professional cleanings is to eliminate plaque and tartar build-up that has become trapped between teeth or around the gum line. Comprehensive exams look for any emerging problems in the mouth so that they can be treated as conservatively as possible.
- X-rays – Dental imaging is an important tool that helps dentists diagnose specific dental problems. X-rays are useful in evaluating cavities, tooth decay, abnormal growths, gum disease, and other oral health problems.
- TMJ / Bruxism screenings – Chronic teeth grinding can lead to several different dental concerns. Part of preventative care is looking for the early signs of bruxism during routine visits and recommending treatment options such as custom mouth guards.
Restorative Care: Reestablishing your oral health and functionality
While preventative dental care serves a vital purpose, there comes a time when preserving oral health means providing treatment for specific issues such as damaged or infected teeth. When oral health is compromised, prompt treatment is vital to restoring the smile and its functionality.
Request an Appointment
Types of restorative care
During a comprehensive examination, we will identify the cause of the oral health problems and design a customized restorative treatment plan. Using advanced imaging and modern dental technologies, we can create custom restorations that look and feel great. Common types of restorative care may include tooth colored fillings, crowns and bridges, dentures, implants.
- Tooth-colored fillings – These natural-looking, biocompatible fillings are used to restore a tooth that has suffered from damage due to injury, damage, or decay. The material bonds with the tooth structure to keep harmful bacteria from re-entering.
- Crowns and Bridges – Crowns and bridges are fixed prosthetic solutions that address damaged or missing teeth. Crowns are used most often to cover, protect, and strengthen a missing tooth, while bridges can fill in gaps that occur when teeth are missing.
- Dentures – Dentures are an option for missing teeth to restore functionality and the appearance of a smile.
- Dental Implants – Dental implants are considered as a permanent solution to missing teeth. The implants replace the missing root and are completed with a prosthetic such as a crown or dentures.
Cosmetic Care: Custom tailored smile improvements
Helping patients have a healthy smile is always our number one priority, however we also want all our patients to love the appearance of their smile, and we do this through customized cosmetic enhancements uniquely tailored to individuals needs and desires.
Types of cosmetic care
We offer a variety of cosmetic dental services to address specific concerns including teeth whitening and porcelain veneers.
- Teeth whitening – This is the fastest and most affordable way to completely transform a smile. Professional teeth whitening produces results that are dramatically whiter than over the counter alternatives and is also a low-risk alternative to the kits you can buy at the store.
- Porcelain veneers – This versatile cosmetic enhancement disguises a wide range of dental imperfections for an improved smile.
For more information on dental care services near Winston Salem, call us at 336-606-0040.