Yadkinville NC dentist offers superior way to replace missing teeth with dental implants
As a holistic and biological practice, Virtue Dental Care understands how the materials and techniques used in dentistry affect not only oral health, but also overall wellness. For this reason, Dr. Virtue takes great care to provide treatments that are low-risk, non-toxic and add to the quality of your life. Dental implants fit in well with this Yadkinville NC office and are a significant asset for patients.
Why Dr. Virtue places implants
In the past, if you were missing a lot or all of your teeth, dentures may have been the only option. Since conventional dentures are not fixed to underlying bone, wearers commonly complained about loose fit and daily upkeep such as soaking and cleaning. Over the longer term, dentures actually accelerate the destructive process of bone loss in the jaw.
Dental implants stabilize replacement teeth in a way conventional dentures can’t. Innovations in implant techniques have resulted in a versatile procedure, which can replace everything from a single tooth to a mouthful of teeth. Newer approaches allow for a minimal number of implants to support a maximum number of teeth, which reduces the costs associated with this type of tooth replacement.
A cylindrical post designed to replace your tooth’s natural root, the implant is placed in the jawbone to provide a stable foundation for your new tooth or new teeth. This feature provides a number of benefits over traditional tooth replacement such as dentures and conventional bridges, including:
- The implant-supported tooth looks, functions, and feels like a natural, healthy tooth.
- The implant system provides stimulation to underlying bone through chewing food and other actions.
- Bone strength is maintained, which avoids damaging bone loss.
- You retain a youthful appearance, because underlying bone remains strong and supports facial tissue and structures that otherwise sag with bone loss.
- You avoid other bone resorption-related complications such as problems with speech and chewing food.
- Since dental implants are built like natural teeth, there is no special upkeep. You brush and floss as you normally would. In turn, you are less likely to fail to properly clean your teeth.
You also retain healthy tooth structure. Conventional dental bridges rely on adjacent teeth for support. To properly support the new tooth or pontic, these teeth must be crowned. To accommodate the crowns, the teeth would be reduced in size, which might involve removing otherwise healthy tooth structure. Its newer counterpart gets support from dental implants firmly rooted in the bone, so you don’t have to worry about losing healthy structure from surrounding teeth.
To find out more about dental implants and other restorative options, Virtue Dental Care Patients call (336) 679-2034 and New Patients call (336) 679-2034 to schedule an appointment at Virtue Dental Care.